The Simplest Flank Steak Recipe in History
What You’ll Need
- One or more of our lean, tender thick Flank Steaks
- Salt and Pepper
- Before grilling, place the flank steak on the counter. Let it warm up to room temperature.
- Salt and pepper liberally, both sides.
- Using a grill brush, clean the grates.
- Crank that grill up. If you can get it to 500 degrees or more, that's perfect.
- Slap that flank steak on the grill and shut the cover.
- For two minutes, find something else to do. Check your email. Pull a couple weeds.
- Open the grill cover. The flank steak should release easily from the grates. If not, give it another 30 seconds.
- Flip the steak over. Close the grill.
- Let it cook for another minute, minute and a half.
- Check with a grill thermometer. 135 degrees is what you're shooting for to medium rare. DON'T OVER COOK!!!!
- Remove the flank steak and place it on a cutting board. Cover loosely with tin foil.
- Let it rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice on an angle, nice and thin. The end pieces will be more well done. The center will be pink to red.
- Eat now. Or let it cool to room temperature and eat later.