Chorizo Burgers -- Que delicioso!
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 pound cooked chorizo, casing removed, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1.5 lb. ground pork
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 teaspoons Cajun seasoning or substitute
- ¾ t kosher salt
- ¼ t cayenne pepper
- 4 large hamburger buns
- ½ cup Green-Chile Mayo (recipe below)
- Romaine lettuce
- pepperjack cheese slices
- red onion slices
- Pre-heat grill to medium, being sure to clean and then use vegetable oil on the grates
- Break up the chorizo or chop in a food processor. Place in a mixing bowl add the ground pork, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning, kosher salt and cayenne pepper.
- Form 4 1-inch think patties. Create a shallow pocket in the middle of each pattie with your thumb.
- On a pre-warmed, pre-oiled grill, grill the patties (covered) seven to eight minutes per side. Toast the buns on the grill. If you’re topping with pepperjack cheese, place them on top of the burgers for a minute to melt.
- Take out the food processor. Combine 1 cup of mayo, 1 garlic clove, 1 poblano chile (roasted, peeled and seeded) and 1 T fresh line juice.Blend until smooth, season with kosher salt and ground pepper.
- corn on the cob
- tortilla chips
Thanks to Emeril and Martha