Jerry’s Can’t-Be-Beat Roast Beef Brisket
What You’ll Need
- 1 (12) pound brisket
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 1 cup of mustard
- 1/2 cup granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 carrots peeled and sliced length wise
- 5 celery stalks, 5 russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 5 yellow onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped, peeled
Serves 8 to 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Mix together the ketchup, mustard, granulated garlic, and black pepper in a medium bowl, and rub into the beef. Place the beef in a roasting pan, add 1/3 of the vegetables to the pan, and fill it with 2 cups of water.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil. Roast in the oven for 3 1/2 hours or until the meat is browned and tender.
- About 1 hour before the brisket is done, add the potatoes and the remaining vegetables to the pan.
- For extra flavor, add the garlic. Cover again with the foil and continue roasting until it is done.
- Let the brisket rest for ten minutes so the juices to not run out, then slice it against the grain.