Jerry’s Beef Pot Pie
What You’ll Need
- 1 lb. leftover Jerry’s roast beef, cubed
- Table salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 14-oz can beef broth
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup frozen green peas – thawed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3-cup water
- 2 9-inch refrigerator piecrusts
Makes 6 servings
- Take leftover roast beef from refrigerator, cut into cubes, let it
- Warm on the countertop, covered
- In a 2 quart saucepan, over medium heat, pour in the beef broth, carrots and potatoes, cook 15-20 minutes until tender
- Meanwhile, warm the over to 350 degrees
- Leaving the liquid in the saucepan, remove the carrots and potatoes and combine with the roast beef cubes in a large mixing bowl; add the peas
- Dissolve the cornstarch with the 1/3-cup of cold water; pour into the saucepan of beef broth, stirring constantly. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with one of the piecrusts using the package directions.
- Place the beef mixture into the pie crust
- Pour the gravy over the mixture, then cover with the other piecrust.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven until the crust is golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.