Jerry’s Albondigas con Salsa De Tomate
What You’ll Need
- 8 oz ground beef or 4 oz ground beef and 4 oz ground pork
- 4 thinly sliced green onions
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp red or dry white wine
- 2 tsp chopped fresh roaemary
- pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish with fresh thyme
- Combine the meat. onion, garlic, parmesan, thyme, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Stir well then by hand form 12 small, firm meatballs.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet.
- When the oil is hot, set the meatballs in and cook 5 minutes, turning frequently until all sides are browned.
- Add chopped tomatoes, wine, rosemary and sugar, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the pan, cook gently for 15 minutes. Check the sauce for seasoning, garnish with the thyme and serve.